[From June Issue 2014]
Seven-Eleven was the very first convenience store in Japan. The franchise has expanded and now there are over 16,000 stores all over the country; approximately double the number of stores in the United States. One of the hit products is onigiri (rice balls). Seven-Eleven was the first in the industry to start selling temaki (DIY hand-rolled) onigiri, and they currently sell 1.88 billion onigiri annually. Their original products are also very popular.
[No. 1] Gu Tappuri Temaki Tuna Mayonnaise (Hand-rolled Tuna Mayonnaise With a Generous Filling) 102 yen
A long time favorite product first put on the market by Seven-Eleven. Particular care is taken over the freshness of the eggs used in the mayonnaise.
[No. 2] Temaki Onigiri Beni Shake (Hand-rolled Red Salmon Onigiri) 130 yen
Though salmon is a standard filling, this onigiri is filled only with natural red salmon for a rich umami (savory) flavor. A lot of time and effort is devoted to making this product; after seasoning the salmon with salt to bring out the umami flavors, it is baked slowly and carefully, and then crumbled by hand.
[No. 3] Jikamaki Omusubi Torigomoku (Wrapped Rice Balls Mixed with Chicken and Vegetables) 112 yen
This product is brimming with the umami taste of chicken and vegetables. Prepared to have a salty-sweet flavor, the rice is wrapped in a sheet of dried seaweed. Many customers are fans of this signature product.
【No.2】手巻おにぎり 紅しゃけ 130円
【No.3】直巻おむすび とり五目 112円
Information From Hiragana Times
Topics in Japan
- Sharp rise in the number of women interested in swordsJune 24, 2016
- Tap Water in Japan is Safe to DrinkJune 24, 2016
- Music is the Bridge Between Latvia and JapanJune 24, 2016
- Meiji-mura MuseumJune 24, 2016
- Jonathan’sJune 24, 2016
Topics in Japane Category
- Back Issues 2020 (Pdf) ¥6,000
- Back Issues 2014 (for iOS, Android and Pdf) ¥6,000
- Hiragana Times Magazine Subscription (APP+Print Version) From: ¥10,000 for 1 year
- Hiragana Times Magazine (APP+Print Version) From: ¥9,800 for 1 year
- Back Issues 2017 (for iOS, Android and Pdf) ¥6,000