Hiragana Times Magazine (Digital+Print Version)
From: ¥10,000 for 1 year
In Japan: ¥10,000 for 1 year / ¥16,000 for 2 years
Overseas: ¥14,000 for 1 year / ¥24,000 for 2 years
Notice of the International Delivery Delays due to COVID-19
We are facing delays in shipping due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. During this period, please enjoy the digital version until you receive your print magazine.
Digital + Print version | デジタル+プリントバージョン
- Your subscription starts with the latest issue available.
- For the renewal-subscription customer, kindly let us know when will your old subscription expires. (Fill in the “Order Notes (optional)” box in the following page)
- In Japan: Delivered by Post Office (Please allow approximately about 2-3 days)
- Overseas: Delivered by SAL mail (Please allow approximately about 2-3 weeks)
* The shipping charge for locations outside Japan is ￥4000 JPY per year (12 issues). This will be calculated after you add print items to the cart.
The digital version of Hiragana Times has exactly the same content and layout as the printed magazine and can be viewed page by page on the smartphone or tablet. Text can be enlarged or reduced simply by clicking on the screen.
The digital version allows you to read the back issues at any time during your subscription!
If you are a renewal customer, please note that since the infringement issue occurred, we stopped offering a PDF version with the monthly magazine subscription.
“Multilevel Text” Features of our Digital Version
- You can view pages in “Japanese-only text” (with no English, no furigana, nor Glomaji text).
- You can hear an audio version of “Close up Japan,” “Behind the Scenes,” “Casual Expressions,” “New Expressions & Buzzwords,” “JAPANese Notes,” and “Exploring JAPANese.”
- The audio is recorded in easy-to-understand English and Japanese by professional narrators.
- English and Japanese sentences are recorded alternately, sentence by sentence.
- You can listen to the English and Japanese alternatively, to the Japanese only, or to the English only.
- You can listen to the audio while reading the text using a iPad, Phone, or Android device.
* Please note that your digital version subscription starts from the latest issue available, while your print version subscription starts from the next issue.
* Customers in Japan will be charged the consumption tax of Japan (10%).